Sunday, October 31, 2010

GOLDEN BARK - Fall Inspired Nails

Hey everyone! Sorry for the lag in posts, still trying to recover from jet lag. My husband and I are both having a hard time adjusting back to eastern time.

As wonderful as vacation was, it did have a financial toll on us. I've decided to learn how to do my own acrylic nails and nail art. My first attempt was a nightmare, but I must say that my second attempt is decent. I learned that the brushes that come in the kits are crap. If you're interested in doing your own nails invest in a decent brush first!

The nails in this post had been on for about 5 days and they started growing out. I could see a gap between the smile line and the base of the nail. It was really bugging me so I decided to paint them and have some fun with glitter!

This look is great for fall. I've used the warm browns and golds that I associate with this time of year.


Base color - Deluxe Brown by Avon
Stippled color - Brisbane Bronze by OPI
Glitter mix on top


The nail on the left is using my own personal glitter mix. The one on the right is using Wet n Wild glitter polish "Fireworks."

If you'd like to see the tutorial for this nail look go to my YouTube channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment