Sunday, August 30, 2009

Latisse Review

Hello BB Fans! Today I'm going to review Latisse, the eye lash growth product by Allergan.

Let me start with some basic information about the product. Latisse is actually a prescription eye drop that was originally formulated to treat glaucoma (high eye pressure), accelerated eye lash growth was just a happy side effect. The makers of the drops have renamed it Latisse and promoted it as beauty product for a much higher price, as the glaucoma drops are not considered a high tier drug anymore. Is this dirty? Kind of, but it if you were in business, you'd say it was genius.

I purchased mine for $120 dollars from the Medical Spa that I go to regularly. It does require a prescription, so a physcian is required. If you can find an eye doctor willing to prescribe it for you as the glaucoma medicine, good for you! You can buy it cheaper. However, I doubt many will do it. Liability and false diagnosis' you see.

Now for the review!

If you are an impatient person, this may not be the product for you. Results do take time. For the first month I noticed thicker lashes, more new growth. Instead of 1 or 2 rows of lashes I noticed 3 or 4 and much closer together. Months 2-3 no real changes. By month 4, wow! That was when I really noticed the length starting to increase! So now I have thick and long lashes. Another bonus, the longest lashes on the outer corner of the eye have started to curl on their own!!

Bonus #2 I use the left over product on the brush and put it on my eyebrows. I had a bald spot on my left brow from a waxing burn, which was very noticeable. It is almost gone now. I have brushed the product over the entire brow and have notice that they have become much fuller.

I do not use the applicator brushes included with the product. They are crap! I use an eyeliner brush (not the flat square shaped kind) and use one drop per eye. Then I brush it over my brows and clean afterwards. It is important to do your brows last so as not to introduce any dust or dirt to the lashes.

Another tip I have learned from experience, use 1 drop per eye. Yes, there is enough product to do both eyes with 1 drop, but I noticed that the 2nd eye did not have the same results. I little bit shorter. Since I have been doing 1 drop per eye, they are now even. I'm sure if you wanted to save some money you could still do 1 drop for both and alternate which eye you start with to keep things even.

Yes, I understand that it is pricey and the economy is bad, but know this! One bottle has lasted me 4 months and there is still plenty of product left in the bottle!

I hope this has helped anyone who is considering this product. I highly recommend it! Once I'm done with this I might try Lilash or Lash Fusion, but I still have a lot of Latisse left to use.

Until next time, smile like you mean it!!

4 comments:

  1. I just can't justify spending that kind of money for a product that I can get at my local salon/dayspa. I'm a Revitalash user and in 8-9 weeks got long, lush eyelashes. I love the way my lashes look and just started using a mascara by the same company. Revitalash only cost me $90.00 and lasts 5-6 months...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you worried about all those nasty side effects???? A new report just came out a few days ago about how Allergan has not been up front about the side effects that will occur. I'm with Alexandra on this one. Go get Revitalash... I think you will be happier with it all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i went in to try Latisse but $120/month is just too much! my salon suggested using Revitalash instead and i hope to get the same results. I've read reviews and they are as promising! i can't wait to get the results soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this review. Seems really useful and I will mostly give it a try, especially that it was also recommended by Dr. Jerome Edelstein. He told me that Latisse will help my eyelashes... that they will be much longer and that I will love my results.

    ReplyDelete