Saturday, May 19, 2012

SHOPPING: Target & Ross

I went to Target to pick up a few more things today since I had some coupons that were about to expire. I try really hard not to pay full price for anything and I also shop for Christmas all year long.

I picked up a couple of makeup and nail polish items at Target with my coupons. I got the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Sandstorm for $2.99. Pretty good deal considering some say it's a dupe for  MAC's Mineralized Powder in Natural. I had the MAC powder, but gave it away...it was way too light for me! I have high hopes for the Rimmel since Mary of A Love Tart recommends it.

I had 2 Target coupons for $2 off of Revlon eye makeup so I bought 2 of the Revlon Colorstay Quads. I went with Addictive and Attitude, very neutral shades in both. I'm going to give either 1 or both as gifts...haven't decided if I'll keep one for myself or not. What do you guys think?

I also had a coupon for $1 off of a Revlon nail polish and used it to buy Rainforest. It's a pretty dark green with gold shimmer. I don't have any shades like it in my collection and I thought it would be lovely in the winter and around Christmas time. I will not be giving it as a gift since my family and friends tend to lean towards my tradition colors.

I did purchase one item at full price, but it was only $1.99 so I decided to splurge  ;p It's a NYC nail  polish in Wall Street. It's just a pretty light frosty pink. I had a nice polish in that shade that I recently parted with and thought I'd give NYC a try.


I've been having some trouble with my nails peeling on the tips, which I think was related to using overly abrasive emery boards. So I have been on the hunt to find a glass nail file. Lucky me, they had 2 at Ross today. The Sally Hansen file is ceramic, I'm not sure if that is much different than glass but I decided for $3.99 it was worth a try. The other file is not a brand I'm familiar with, but it is a glass file. It's housed in a pink plastic case and slides up and a small light illuminates it once fully extended. I think the light is a bit gimmicky, but I do like the cover which will protect the file from breaking. The pink file was only $2.99!

No comments:

Post a Comment