Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fat Foam Hair Color Review/Rave

Ok, so I admit that I'm a sucker for gimmicks.

So naturally I was drawn to the Fat Foam Hair Color system.

Imagine me standing at Walmart gazing in wonder at the video demonstrating this product. My eyes were glazed and drool dripping from my mouth.....ok, I'm exaggerating...but you get the idea.

I really was in need of a root touch up. For those of us with naturally dark hair, the grays show up like crazy and I'm too lazy to brush over'em with black mascara. (Pitiful, I know.)

I don't really like coloring my own hair, but I can't afford to pay someone to color 1/2 inch of my roots every 4-6 weeks either. Not to mention the contact buzz and associated headache from all the fumes.

So I went ahead and bought the stuff. Boy was I ever grateful that I fell for the hype and tried it! It was super easy to use, not messy at all and ZERO FUMES!!! (Gasp!!!) It covered all my grays, I'm talking black...not dark brown or brown....black!!!

I think the biggest thing that impressed me was the lack of fumes and how neatly I could apply it. We've all colored our own hair and we've all seen those ladies that have the tell tale signs of a home dye job....you know the look. Faint splotches on the forehead and tops of the ears. I don't care if you put Vaseline on those areas or do the "dye removes dye" bit, it always shows. Not with this stuff!!

Clearly I'm a fan, so I hope I've shared some helpful information about this product. Click on the link below to see an in depth review on my YouTube Channel!
 YouTube Fat Foam Rave/Review

Where to order it from.

4 comments:

  1. I also was amazed when I saw the demo at Wal-Mart and bought it too. Since I don't use permanent color (but have decided I probably need to with the grays at the temple) I am a little apprehensive and I wanted some reviews before I committed. I have two questions, you may be able to help me with.
    I have long thick hair - middle of my back so I bought 2 boxes but now am concerned that I might need another box. Also, I have read other reviews and they HATED it and said it left their hair like straw. My hair is in good condition but since it is long I would die if it was ruined and I had to cut it all off.
    Any thooughts?
    thanks
    Teesie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a bit dry immediately after, so with my next wash I used some left over conditioner from another hair color kit. My hair has been soft and shiny! You might want to get a deep conditioner to use after you rinse it out. Plus, you may only want to do the roots instead of the entire head. As for how many boxes, I'd err on the side of too many than not enough. You could alway mix it as you need it since it only takes 30 seconds to mix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was amazed when I saw the Ad on tV for the first time and then I saw your Rave on Youtube. Would love to try it as it would save time from juggling a brush and a mirror for the back of my head. Where did you get the Coupons though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coupon is for your next purchase. It's inside the box. I'm due for a touch up, will probably color my hair this weekend!

    ReplyDelete